Our climate change grants support nature-based solutions, low-emission and renewable technologies, green building and living, and community resilience. Understanding that greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions are the driver of climate change, we prioritize projects with the potential to enable large-scale emission reductions in Canada.
It’s up to you to determine what type of grant to apply for. The Peter Gilgan Foundation accepts applications for three types of grants:
There are no deadlines for the Climate Change program. We accept expressions of interest on a rolling basis.
To be eligible to apply for funding, your organization must:
- Employ at least one paid staff member
- Have completed a tax return or financial audit for the previous fiscal year
- Have not submitted an unsuccessful Expression of Interest or Full Application to the Peter Gilgan Foundation in the past 12 months
We do not accept applications for:
- Capital campaigns
- Emergency relief
- Fundraising drives
- Fundraising events or galas
- Government services
- Grantmaking intermediaries