GTA Community Grants Program
About the program
The GTA Community Grants Program is currently accepting applications for funding from small, grassroots organizations in the Greater Toronto Area. The program will focus on project-based grants, fostering the growth and resilience of impactful initiatives serving local communities.
The GTA Community Grants Program has a budget of $300,000 in 2024. We expect to make up to 30 grants of up to $15,000 each.
The application deadline for the GTA Community Grants Program is Wednesday, March 20th, 2024 at 5:00PM EST.
To be eligible to apply for funding, your organization or community group must be:
- An incorporated nonprofit (including nonprofit social enterprises)
- A registered charity or nonprofit applying with a charitable trustee partner in place
- A community group consisting of at least three members
A well-defined governance framework and a bank account in the name of the organization, supported by procedures for monitoring both revenue and expenses.
Other Key Eligibility Criteria
- Are based in the Greater Toronto Area
- Are focused on working with children, youth, and families
- Are based within the community being served, with a history of working with the community
- Are able to identify the specific team members who will deliver the proposed initiative
- Have an annual operating budget up to $500,000
- Organizations with an annual operating budget above $500,000
- For-profit businesses
- Funding intermediaries
How to Apply
Our grant application process involves three key steps:
- Create an account at our online application portal.
- Complete the application by responding to a combination of multiple-choice, short answer, and long answer questions.
- Attach a budget detailing expenditures, along with supporting documents.
- Ensure you click the ‘submit’ button before the deadline of March 20th, 2024.
After creating an account and starting your application, you can save your work online, and pick up where you left off should you need to pause your work.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or if you require any accommodation to help with your application.