How to Apply
Our grant application process involves three key steps:
- Create an account at our online application portal
- Complete a short Expression of Interest
- If accepted, submit a Full Application
Submitting an Expression of Interest
To start your grant application journey, create an account at our online application portal. Once your account is ready, complete the online form to verify your eligibility and answer a few short questions about your proposal; this form is known as your Expression of Interest.
After your Expression of Interest is submitted, our Review Committee will assess your responses and in most cases contact you via email within approximately six to eight weeks. This email will indicate whether your application journey has ended, or if you’re invited to submit a full application.
If you’re applying for funding under our International Development priorities, be sure to check out our application deadlines. If you’re applying under Children, Youth & Families or Climate Change, there are no deadlines and we will assess Expressions of Interest on a rolling basis.
Completing the Full Application
If you’ve been invited to complete your application, log back onto the application portal, answer the application questions, and upload the required supporting documentation:
- Project budget
- Financial statements (audited if available)
- Annual report
- List of Board of Directors
- List of major organizational funders
You’ll receive an email with the outcome of your application within approximately ten weeks.
Please note that our Foundation staff may request a meeting or on-site visit as part of the expression of interest or full application review process.
If your application falls within our Children, Youth & Families or Climate Change priorities, there are no deadlines. We accept expressions of interest on a rolling basis. If your application falls within our International Development priorities, there are deadlines:
- Maternal and Child Health, including WASH (Water, Sanitation & Hygiene) – Expression of Interest Deadline: 2023 deadline not yet announced
- Education and Economic Empowerment Opportunities for Women and Girls, including smallholder farmers – Expression of Interest Deadline: 2023 deadline not yet announced