Announcing: GTA Community Grants Program Partners
We’re delighted to announce the grant recipients of our inaugural GTA Community Grants Program.
Grounded in our commitment to serve equity-deserving leaders and community-led solutions, these grassroots and community-based organizations deliver projects that address pressing issues of food security and educational & economic opportunity.
- Canadian South Asian Growth and Support Services (CSAGSS)
- Community Matters Toronto
- Green Thumbs Growing Kids
- Flemingdon Park Ministry
- Laadliyan, Celebrating and Empowering Daughters
- Loyan Foundation
- Mama’s Healing Garden
- Rise in STEM
- St. Philips Lutheran Church
- TPASN Thorncliffe Park Autism Support
- Toronto Black Farmers and Growers Collective
- Trust 15 Youth Community Support Organization
- Ubuntu Community Collective
- Women & Children Precious Shelter
- Youth Rising Above
The GTA Community Grants Program was open to any organization in the Greater Toronto Area that is rooted in and serving its community. We embraced the CRA’s recent guidance on support for Non-Qualified Donees, and launched a grant program that aimed to be inclusive and accessible to high-impact organizations that have historically faced barriers when trying to access charitable funding.
We know that solutions to society’s problems can come from anywhere, and often the best solutions to problems facing a community will come from the community itself. We want to support the grassroots problem solvers.Stephanie Trussler, Peter Gilgan Foundation Executive Director and Board Member
The Peter Gilgan Foundation is extremely grateful to be entering into partnerships with these 16 excellent organizations, and we look forward to working with and learning from them over the coming year.